Six lessons from the movies

By Brian Freitag TASPL Director I have always loved movies and always try to connect the films I see with my everyday life. Movies inspire me, challenge my assumptions, change my views, break my heart, lift my soul, and, yes, even teach me life lessons. I will share...

‘People who Care’ meet with TAS

Approximately five members of the community and five staff members of Tahquamenon Area Schools (TAS) met in a meeting on Tuesday, November 28 to discuss ideas for a potential program to allow members of the community to monitor the halls of the high school. This was...

Getting a good sniff of winter

By Brian Freitag TASPL Director Ralph Waldo Emerson once said “The hard soil and four months of snow make the inhabitants of the northern temperate zone wiser and abler than his fellow who enjoys the fixed smile of the tropics.” I like to think that Emerson was...

Curtis 4-H Civic Club use hands for larger service

The Curtis 4-H Civic Club met in October to continue learning about Curtis Civic Clubs and how they themselves as a club can be of service. Jeffrey Peterson, Zoey Hoadley, Elaina Costa, River and Pearl Martindale, Emery Donovan, and Felicity Kuehl met for six weeks....

Holiday Gala will kickstart your Christmas cheer

By Courtney Barley On Saturday, November 25th the Erickson Center for the Arts (ECA) will be having the “Holiday Gala: Deck the Walls”. It is an annual fundraising event featuring a holiday décor and gifts auction. The Holiday Gala begins at 6 p.m. in the upper level...