Make 2024 our best year yet

By Brian Freitag TASPL Director Whether or not you set resolutions, the start to a new year often leads to self-reflection. When you take the old calendar off the wall and replace it with a new one, you might look at what goals you completed the previous 12 months and...

Getting your littles ready to read

By Brian Freitag TASPL Director I am always looking for a new library service to support our community. One service, called TALK, came to my offers learning activities for parents to use with children. The more parents and caregivers talk and listen to young children,...

Meet David Hopper, new Luce 911 emergency manager

By Sterling McGinn A familiar face in local law enforcement is back on the job—this time in the role as the Luce County 911 coordinator/emergency manager. Dave Hopper, who served as the post commander for the Newberry Michigan State Police Post for many years, took...

The return of the Curtis Fish Coop

By Carol Stiffler In a place where winter consumes half the year, ice fishing is perhaps even more traditional than apple pie. In Curtis, where South Manistique Lake recently froze over, a few anglers have already ventured onto the ice (a risk that is currently...

Six lessons from the movies

By Brian Freitag TASPL Director I have always loved movies and always try to connect the films I see with my everyday life. Movies inspire me, challenge my assumptions, change my views, break my heart, lift my soul, and, yes, even teach me life lessons. I will share...